New to classical education? Start here!
- Clark, Kevin and Ravi Jain, The Liberal Arts Tradition: A Philosophy of Christian Classical Education
- Lewis, C.S., The Abolition of Man
- Moore, Terrence, “A Classical Education for Modern Times”
- Perrin, Christopher A., An Introduction to Classical Education
- Royal, Robert, “Who Put the West in Western Civilization?”
- Sayers, Dorothy, “The Lost Tools of Learning” (For more explanation of what the Trivium is, check out this great explanation from Sayers Classical Academy or “The Limits of the Trivium” by Terrence O. Moore).
- Veith, Dr. Gene Edward Jr. and Andrew Kern, Classical Education: The Movement Sweeping America
Looking to dig a little deeper?
- Adler, Mortimer, How to Read A Book
- Caldecott, Stratford, Beauty for Truth’s Sake: On the Re-enchantment of Education
- Coupland, Daniel B., “Common Core Common Sense: Why It’s Illiberal and Unconstitutional”
- Gamble, Richard, The Great Tradition: Classic Readings on What It Means to Be an Educated Human Being
- Highet, Gilbert, The Art of Teaching
- Hirsch, E.D, Cultural Literacy
- Holmes, Arthur, Building the Christian Academy
- Moore, Terrence O., The Story-Killers: A Common-Sense Case Against the Common Core
- Plato, The Republic
- Ravitch, Diane, Left Back: A Century of Failed School Reforms
- Ryle, J.C, The Duties of Parents
- Swope, Cheryl, Simply Classical: A Beautiful Education for Any Child
- Wilson, Douglas, Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning
- Wise Bauer, Susan, The Well-Trained Mind